What is Friducation?
Born January 2010, Friducation was a word cerated to describe our (Pixel Dreams Team) dedication to personal and professional development, specifically on Fridays. Today, Friducation, and this site, has become a canvas for expressing our wild and adventurous culture, and thoughtful pursuit of knowledge. From Star Trek to field trips, Friducation is the non-profit community aspect of our for-profit companies.
How do you Friducate?
Friducation can be experienced and expressed in many ways.
- Field trips and learning adventures
- Taking part in speaker panels
- Attending/leading workshops and seminars
- A day of silent reading, writing, and reflection
- Smoking jibbers and watching documentaries and Star Trek
- Making and creating art
- To bring people and communities together
- To increase happiness in our lives through learning and experimenting
- To provide value to the community through teaching and mentoring
- To grow as individuals and communities
“Half of every profession is made up of the bottom half of the class.”
– Some Professor at Ryerson
Don’t be the bottom half!